Our video players utilise adaptive streaming technology - meaning that our content network will deliver to you the best possible resolution based on your connection. For good quality streaming you need a strong, consistent connection. You can check your speed here. We recommend that you have a minimum connection of 5 mbps to enjoy streaming.
Please note that whilst a speedtest might provide an indicative speed, these are not always representative of a consistent connection over a long period of time.
If you are utilising a WiFi modem the following tips may be useful:
- Check whether your WiFi modem is within 5 metres of your device
- Ensure that there is a clear line of sight between your modem and your device
- If possible - try and connect directly to your internet service with a cable (the signal is often stronger and more consistent over a long period of time)
- Try an alternate internet browser if possible
- As a last resort - try re-booting your device and modem too if possible. Sometimes local exchanges are susceptible to traffic bottle-necks, and a refreshing your connection may help to clear congestion
If streaming via the website, you can lower the video quality settings in the video player by selecting the cog symbol. Please note this feature is not available in the app.